1. Travel
Kayte Deioma

Boricua Puerto Rican Festival

By August 10, 2011

Puerto Rican Festival UPDATE: The 2012 event has once again been canceled and plans are being made for August 2013. I'll believe it when I see it.

The Boricua Puerto Rican Festival is a day-long celebration, of music, dance, food and all things Puerto Rican that takes place at the Queen Mary Event Park in Long Beach.  Details and dates keep changing so check their website listed below for the most current information and contacts.

When: August 2013 , (details to be confirmed.)
Where: Queen Mary Events Park, 1126 Queen's Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90802
Cost: TBA
Parking: $15
Info: www.theboricuafest.com, Facebook

Comments
January 30, 2011 at 2:09 am
(1) Lorena says:

When is the nxt event just moved to LA and would love to go. Please let me know thank you……Lorena (mrspenaof4@yahoo.com)

February 3, 2011 at 4:21 am
(2) golosangeles says:

The 2011 event will be August 7.

March 30, 2011 at 5:39 pm
(3) Angerla Moringlane says:

When will the tickets be available for purchase for the August 7, 2011 Boricua Puerto Rican event?

March 30, 2011 at 6:11 pm
(4) golosangeles says:

It will probably be much closer to the event. You’ll just have to keep checking in on the event website so see when tickets go on sale.

May 31, 2011 at 2:06 pm
(5) Carmen says:

R tickets on sale yet, for the August festival Bori,Bori :)

May 31, 2011 at 7:48 pm
(6) KayteinLA says:

I think from this ticket page that tickets go on sale online July 1, but you can call the outlets listed and see if they have tickets yet.

June 12, 2011 at 3:20 pm
(7) DON MEGA says:

THIS EVENT IS OVER PRICED!! TERRIBLE YOU HAVE TO PAY $25.00 TO ENJOY YOUR PEOPLE!!! THAT’S WHY I FLY HOME TO PHILLY ONCE A YEAR!!!

June 23, 2011 at 8:55 pm
(8) carmen moringlane - rivera says:

Hey sister- in law what’s up go to call big ed ask when he’ll r them can’t wait for the festival to be with my boricua family

July 4, 2011 at 12:44 pm
(9) Theresa says:

Their web site says August 14. What is the actual date??

July 6, 2011 at 2:48 pm
(10) golosangeles says:

They changed the date from the 7th to the 14th. I’ve updated the information above.

July 6, 2011 at 2:47 pm
(11) golosangeles says:

According to organizers, the discounted tickets are available here: http://www.showclix.com/event/34460/pre-sale from July 14-24. After that the online price will be $25.

July 16, 2011 at 10:26 pm
(12) Shashanna says:

The facebook page says the event will be Nov. 19th in long Beach so when is the date.

July 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm
(13) golosangeles says:

Update from the organizers:
DUE TO THE CHANGE OF MANAGEMENT AT THE QUEEN MARY THE BORICUAFEST ON AUGUST 14TH HAS BEEN MOVED TO NOVEMBER 19TH IN CELEBRATION OF THE DISCOVERY OF PUERTO RICO DAY. WE HOPE THAT EVERYONE WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS EVENT. AS WE ARE COMMITTED TO BRINGING ALL OF YOU A GREAT BORICUA EXPERIENCE.

July 21, 2011 at 5:05 pm
(14) Tony says:

Plan to go to fest and enjoy with family and friends but i do think this date changes are making the gente doubt about attendin,and i agree that the prices are getting crazy high just sayin you know…. Maybe just maybe pries will drop since date chnged to Nov 19 :)

July 24, 2011 at 6:58 pm
(15) Shashanna says:

I do agree with all the mix up the prices should flex a little. not to mention I took two days (aug 7 & Aug 14) off of work UNPAID and now my shifts are gone. :( but just the thought of good music people and food …. I WILL still be there come NOV. 19th. See you all there.

July 25, 2011 at 8:17 pm
(16) Michelle says:

Can anyone tell me when is the Puerto Rican Fest cause it was on 8/14/11 but now they changed it can u please tell me the day?

July 25, 2011 at 11:25 pm
(17) Sharon says:

Sounds great but we’ll be in the dark after 4:00 p.m. in November : (

July 28, 2011 at 1:34 pm
(18) Amir says:

when is the actual date 4 the puertorican festival? the date keeps changing

July 28, 2011 at 9:25 pm
(19) golosangeles says:

If you read the post you can clearly see that the new date is November 19, 2011. They don’t always let me know when they change things, so if you have any doubt, click through to the event website or Facebook page. Whatever date is there, is the most current date.

August 6, 2011 at 3:07 pm
(20) Highly Pissed Off says:

I am beyond livid at this point. I flew my entire family from Nevada to Long Beach because when I first found out about event it was set for August 7th. Come to find out today it was changed to August 14 and now its in November!!! How unorganized and unprofessional is this. I had about 20 friends and family that were all coming from around California we had this date set on our calendars for months!!!! I will NOT be coming back in November and spreading the word to everyone about the waste of money and the way things were handled!!!

August 7, 2011 at 7:07 pm
(21) Giny says:

Who’s performing?

August 9, 2011 at 4:35 pm
(22) Gloria says:

I want to participate in the 2011 Boricuafest. Who do I contact? Please Advise.

August 12, 2011 at 5:21 pm
(23) Christina says:

I am with you on being livid. We had 3 families ready to go on Sunday and just found out it’s moved to November? why all the changes?

August 12, 2011 at 6:30 pm
(24) Mina Rodriguez says:

Im a little disappointed that know one sent out a memo stating that the event was moved. I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of people showing up for the event this Sudnay.
Why so expensive to get in?
This event is way too over priced, it takes the fun out of going to this event.

August 14, 2011 at 2:18 am
(25) ponce says:

i bought tickets on line… can i get a refund since the date changed or are my tickets good for the new date?

August 15, 2011 at 3:33 am
(26) golosangeles says:

Ponce, you’ll have to contact the event organizers through the link in the article. I have nothing to do with the event.

November 2, 2011 at 4:58 pm
(27) Icela says:

Is this a set date now.. August 5,2012 instead of November 18th, 2011??

November 2, 2011 at 6:34 pm
(28) golosangeles says:

Given the number of times the event has been rescheduled, I wouldn’t make any definitive plans until much closer to the date. I try to keep track of the updates on the event’s website, but they don’t let me know when they make changes, so always click the event website, not my blog post for the most up to date information.

June 11, 2012 at 1:10 am
(29) kandy says:

Hi I moved to LA a couple of months ago. I would like to know when its the Puerto Roxanne festival.

June 19, 2012 at 3:12 pm
(30) Elisa says:

Teen prices are for 13+ is that 13 thru 17yrs, 18yrs??? Are there discounts for teens when ordered in advance as well???

June 19, 2012 at 10:49 pm
(31) golosangeles says:

You’ll have to keep checking their website to see when they post the details.

June 25, 2012 at 1:45 am
(32) bobby black says:

In the last 2 years almost, I’ve tried going to see my people at this event. AND IT’S ALWAYS CANCELLED! Will see this time….

July 26, 2012 at 7:24 pm
(33) MO says:

August 5th 2012 is a Sunday. This posting says Saturday….which one is it?

July 27, 2012 at 5:12 am
(34) Kayte says:

They appear to have CANCELLED the event AGAIN for 2012. The website is now projecting a date in 2013.

August 1, 2012 at 9:50 pm
(35) jay-jay says:

AAAhh no….. i really wanted to go , i hope don’t cancel.

September 27, 2012 at 3:20 am
(36) desiD says:

I want to know when the next festival is and if not one for this year how can we make our own I love my ppl and went one time when I was small but haven’t gone since I want to organize one who is with meee….:):)

July 2, 2013 at 7:38 pm
(37) Lizet Torres says:

I just came back from my PR Vacation.. and ready to go back.
This Long Beach festival is the worst. More than half of the crowd
isn’t even Rican and the food sucks. The people selling the food
should be ashamed to represent the culture. I don’t see it ever
getting to an enjoyable level. I wish it could, but just don’t see it
happening — ever. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong this year!