The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is celebrating 100 years of science with First Fridays evening events throughout 2013, beginning on January 4th. Each First Friday will host guided tours and discussions with featured scientists, and live band and DJ performances. Tickets are available in advance for $18 for admission plus concert or $12 for admission only. Parking is $10, or take the Metro Expo line to Exposition Park.
The January 4, 2013 event will include curatorial tours on Tools of the Trade, at 5, 5:30 and 6 pm, a Discussion with Dr. Kirk Johnson on Digging Snowmastodon: Discovering an Ice Age World in the Colorado Rockies, at 6:30, followed by musical performances by Wildcat! Wildcat! and Lord Huron.
First Fridays 2013 Dates so far:
- January 4, 2013 - with Dr. Kirk Johnson and music from Lord Huron and Wildcat! Wildcat!
- February 1, 2013 - with Mary Roach, popular science author of Packing for Mars, Stiff, Spook and Bonk, and music from The Gaslamp Killer (opening act TBA)
- March 1, 2013 - with Dr. Lucy Jones, Living in Earthquake Country: Los Angeles and the Big One (music TBA)
- April 5, 2013 - with Sam Kean, author of The Disappearing Spoon (music TBA)
- May 3, 2013 - with Dr. Sean B. Carroll, Professor of Molecular Biology and Genetics (music TBA)
- Sunday, June 9, 2013* - with Dr. Adam Steltzner, NASA Engineer (music TBA)
More on the Natural History Museum of LA County.