The Bottom Line
- A wide variety of discounts on every kind of thing you might want
- Inexpensive; 2 nice meals out and the book has paid for itself, 1 meal for digital
- Additional coupons and discounts can be accessed from their web site.
- Some Hotel and Car Rental discounts are available nationally with your local card.
- It's good 12 months Nov 1 to Nov 1, so if you travel to LA often, you can keep using it.
- The book is bulky to carry around.
- Coupons in the Book are organized by discount value, not by location or alphabetically.
- Although there is a neighborhood index, it lists Hollywood restaurants as Los Angeles.
- Fast food coupons are often only good at specific locations
- Some of the businesses go out of business before the book comes out so call before heading out.
- Fine Dining 2 for 1 discounts using a discount card
- Casual dining and fast food restaurants 2 for 1 and 50% off coupons
- Dollars off attractions like Universal Studios and Legoland
- Discount Angels and Dodgers tickets
- Discounts on Mt. Baldy Ski Lifts and the Lakes Golf Course
- Airline and Hotel Discounts
- Good through Nov 1 of the current calendar year
- Much, much more
- They have books for all over the county.
Guide Review - Los Angeles Entertainment Book
Here are some tips for making the most of your paper Entertainment Book:
- Allow plenty of time before your trip for shipping.
- As soon as you get the Book, chop it up and sort it into categories that work for you. If you are only going to Hollywood and Santa Monica, you won't need the dining coupons for Sylmar and Goleta.
- Stick the offers that interest you in an envelope for easier transport.
- Get the book before you start your travel planning so you can take advantage of hotel and rental car discounts. Hotels listed in the Best Available Rate section will offer the same prices you see on Travelocity or other wholesalers, but the Hotel Direct section gets you 50% off rack or 10% off promotional rates, which can sometimes get you a better quality room for less.
- Consider using the grocery or drugstore coupons if you're stocking up for a picnic on the go or in your hotel room.
Caution: When you buy an Entertainment Book online, they will usually offer you a discount on your purchase now if you sign up for automatic renewal to receive future books. You may be tempted to do this, even if you won't be in LA next year, since it says they will send you a notice next year before they ship the book, so you can cancel. Don't do it unless you really want next year's book. There's too great a chance you'll change your email address, the email will get caught in your spam filter, or you'll just delete is as junk, and as Aqua009 commented below, it will cost you money and hassle to return the unwanted book.