The Bottom Line
- New offer every day
- Discounts on a variety of things
- Significant discounts
- If there are not enough people participating, you don't get the deal.
- There are a lot of complaints about customer service.
- Volume discounts on a variety of goods and services
- Daily email offer
- Minimum number of participants required to get the deal
Guide Review - Groupon.com Review
This means that if you purchase the deal offered by Groupon, but not enough other people participate, your credit card will not be charged and there is no deal. The minimum number to make up the group varies depending on the offer.
Deals offered by Groupon.com range from small things, like half price on ice cream or discount rides at Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier, to $150 off an ocean view hotel room or $700 off laser hair removal.
Groupon is just the facilitator for the deals, which are fulfilled by the individual businesses, which can make it a challenge when something goes wrong. Be very sure that you want whatever it is you're buying before you clock as there are a number of complaints about customer service not being too responsive.
In addition to the LA deal, there are offers for Orange County and Inland LA. You can sign up for the daily deal newsletter at Groupon.com, or follow GrouponLA on Twitter.