The Bottom Line
- Stylish design, remodeled 2009
- Central West Hollywood location, popular with locals and traveling celebs
- Highest rooftop pool in LA
- Mobile desk clerks can check you in without leaving your limo
- Overlooks the Hollywood Hills
- Haven't found one yet, but I didn't sleep there, just toured.
- Address: 8401 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, California 90069
- Phone: (323) 656-1234
- Neighborhood: West Hollywood
- Room Rates: $$$ (search for the best rates at kayak.com)
- Website: http://westhollywood.hyatt.com
- Property Amenities: pool, restaurant, bar, business center, fitness center, currency exchange, dry cleaning & laundry
- Room Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, flat screen TV, iPod dock, free soft drinks, free local phone calls, in-room spa services
- Parking: Valet
- Discounts: AAA, Senior Citizen, Check kayak.com for reduced rates.
- Bonus: Free "bar bites" at the RH Bar during Happy Hour 5-7 pm
Guide Review - Andaz West Hollywood Hotel
The first thing you notice is that there's no front desk in the lobby. Roaming desk clerks can check you in with custom hand-held notebook computers. Since I didn't actually check in, I don't know how efficient this is when there is a whole line of people waiting to check in or out. But there is plenty of comfortable seating in the lobby, so it should be an advantage to take a seat until it's your turn and have the desk come to you.
Architectural features in the guestrooms include curved ceilings. Sunrooms overlooking the strip or the Hollywood Hills replace the balconies from which all manner of debris (and sometimes people) were thrown in the riot Hyatt days. The minimalist furnishings and lack of embellishment allow the space to be the primary statement.
The Andaz may not be the tallest hotel in town, but because of its elevation, the Andaz has the highest rooftop swimming pool in LA, with striking views from downtown to the Pacific Ocean on a clear day. A rooftop ballroom and sundeck share the view.
The open-kitchen RH Restaurant off the lobby is bright and airy in an upscale cafeteria kind of way with a design-your-own market-to-table salad and sandwich menu as well as chef-created delicacies. The restaurant and bar are popular with locals as well as travelers.
Note: I have only toured this hotel and have not stayed there. If you have stayed at this hotel, you are welcome to add your review below.