The Bottom Line
- Clean, comfortable & spacious rooms, family rooms with bunk beds
- Free Wireless Internet in rooms, lobby and lounge
- Restaurant/bar/coffee shop, coffee maker in room
- Tennis Courts & playground
- Friendly staff, discounted Universal Studios tickets
- Location is not very central
- Air conditioner is noisy and temperature inconsistent
- Free shuttle to Universal Studios and Metro is only hourly (or longer) and doesn't run late
- Address: 4222 Vineland Ave, North Hollywood, CA 91602
- Phone: (818) 980-8000
- Reservations: 1 (800) 467-1538
- Room Rates: $$$, compare rates at TripAdvisor.com
- Website: www.beverlygarland.com
- Property Amenities: Pool, fitness center, tennis courts, restaurant/bar, computer center, ATM, conference center
- Room Amenities: Wireless Internet, fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, robe
- Parking: $13 night
- Metro: Free shuttle will drop you at the Universal City Metro Red Line station
Guide Review - Holiday Inn Universal - Beverly Garland Holiday Inn Universal Studios Hollywood
The property consists of two 7-floor hotel towers totaling 255 rooms, two conference and event buildings, and the lobby and gift shop surrounding an outdoor courtyard. Tula's California Café and Splash Bar are in a separate building along with the Coffee Room lounge and business center. The tennis courts and playground are off to the side of the complex.
The rooms are comfortable and despite being just off the freeway, the landscaping and trees provide an oasis of green and relative quiet. If you like hanging out at the pool, but don't feel comfortable in the hard-bodied scene at some trendier hotels, this is a very pleasant environment to relax.
The Beverly Garland Hotel offers family rooms with a partitioned area with bunk beds for the kids. There are also suites available. Although it says on the website that refrigerators are available for a small fee, some King rooms and all family rooms have them standard.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodation for the purpose of this review. While it has not influenced the review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.