The Bottom Line
- Cooked breakfast and daily Happy Hour included
- Complementary 24/7 business center
- Pool and hot tub open late
- Convenient shuttle to Disneyland Resort
- The internet was down for 24 hours during our stay
- Fee for in-room internet
- Noisy rustling bedding
- Scratchy toilet paper
- Breakfast ends too early on weekdays
- Address: 11767 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, CA 92840
Phone: (714) 539-3300
- Neighborhood: Anaheim/Disneyland
- Room Rates: $$$ (Compare rates at TripAdvisor.com
- Website: http://embassysuites1.hilton.com
- Property Amenities: pool/hot tub, concierge, restaurant, business center, fitness center, Disneyland shuttle
- Room Amenities: fridge, microwave, dining/living room, sofa bed, 2 TVs
- Extras: Free cocktails, wine, beer and snacks at Manager's Reception daily
- Parking: Self-parking for a reasonable fee
- Discounts: AAA, Govt/Military
- Other: Smoking and non-smoking rooms available, hearing-impaired suites, no pets
Guide Review - Embassy Suites Anaheim - South
The beds were really comfortable, although the bedding was unusually noisy, rustling around your head every time you moved. The sofa bed the typical bar across the middle, but the kids didn't seem to mind after their long Disney day. We appreciated the mirror over the sink in the kitchen area for helping multiple people get ready in the morning.
The cooked breakfast was a real bonus, but since we chose to be late night Disneyland visitors on our first night (after enjoying the hotel's free happy hour), it was an effort to drag ourselves out of bed before breakfast closed at 9:30 on a weekday. It stays open an hour later on weekends, but also starts an hour later at 7:30 am, so if you plan to be at Disneyland by 7:30 or 8 am on a weekend, you'll miss breakfast.
We took the shuttle to Disneyland, which was quick and convenient, with just one other stop (some hotel routes have 6 stops). The shuttle pass is good all day, so we contemplated coming back for free happy hour drinks and cheap pizza, but ended up staying inside the park.
We appreciated that the pool and hot tub were open late after our second long Disney day.
The Embassy Suites loses 1/2 a star for failing the Toilet Paper Test; the worst TP of 8 hotels on that trip.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodation for the purpose of this review. While it has not influenced the review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.