The Bottom Line
- Spacious rooms with seating area, comfortable beds and pillows
- Great views, walk to Universal Studios, shuttle to Metro
- Nice pool, big hot tub, 2-room fitness center
- Three-room suite option
- Coffee maker in the room
- Fee for parking and internet
- Double/Double rooms only have one chair
- Showers are hard to figure out
- Continental breakfast buffet is overpriced for just pastries and fruit
- Could use better signs for walking from Universal Studios
- Address: 555 Universal Hollywood Dr, Los Angeles, CA 91608
- Phone: (818) 506-2500
- Neighborhood: Universal City/Universal Studios Hollywood
- Room Rates: $$$, compare rates and reviews at TripAdvisor.com
- Website: www1.hilton.com
- Property Amenities: pool, hot tub, fitness center, Starbuck's, restaurant, bar, gift shop, room service, ATM, car rental
- Room Amenities: lounge chair or sofa, flat screen TV, video games, ergonomic desk/chair, internet (fee), coffee maker
- Parking: Valet or self parking
- Discounts: AAA, Govt/military.
- Other: Smoking and Non-Smoking rooms are available; Accessible rooms are available.
Guide Review - Hilton Hotel Universal Studios
Our view over Universal Studios and the San Gabriel Mountains from the 18th floor was stunning. A bit distracting when I spent an afternoon in the executive suite trying to get some work done, but the work space is among the best I've experienced in a hotel.
There's a free shuttle that drops you at the Universal Studios gate or you can walk. We had trouble following the signs walking back to the hotel from Universal CityWalk after the shuttles stopped.
The family enjoyed the late night access to the pool and super-sized hot tub after a long day walking around.
Despite its proximity to CityWalk, the hotel is a bit of an island, so they provide everything you could need within their walls. You can dine, drink, shop or exchange money. Need an ATM or Notary Public? No Problem. Of course there's a charge for everything.
Our executive king room came with continental breakfast for 2, so we decided to pay for the 3rd adult, but after looking at the pastries and fruit with no sign of even a yogurt, we decided it wasn't worth it.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodation for the purpose of this review. While it has not influenced the review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.