The Bottom Line
- Most rooms are reasonably comfortable
- Lots of history
- Great location for Hollywood sightseeing
- A-List nightclub if you can get in
- The poolside Tropicana Bar is loud late into the night
- Hotel guests have limited access to the pool after 7 p.m.
- Hotel guests in the tower can't get in to the Tropicana on weekends
- Address: 7000 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90028
- Phone: (323) 466-7000
- Reservations: 1(800) 950-7667
- Room Rates: $$$, check kayak.com
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Amenities: Pool, Restaurant, Bar, Nightclub, Fitness Center, Business Center
- Parking: $23/night
- Metro: Hollywood and Highland - 1 block
Guide Review - Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
The fine dining restaurant Dakota is now open to hotel guests as is the burger and wine bar 25 Degrees which replaced Cinegrill downstairs.
The hotel still has its history as the original home of the Academy Awards and a who’s who list of who slept here, but Charlie Chaplin is missing from his long-time post at the Hollywood Boulevard entrance. The re-modeled lobby is dark and brooding. Who needs a double-wide chaise in a hotel lobby?
If you like to be part of the scene, you can find deals on poolside Cabana Rooms for $189 (pre tax)and up in the off season. Or stay early in the week for full access to amenities with your Tower Room.