The Bottom Line
- Very comfortable beds and pillows
- Indoor/outdoor pool on its own floor
- FedEx Business Center on site
- Coffee maker in the room
- Complimentary Shuttle from John Wayne OC Airport
- Fee for internet
- Expensive parking
- Address: 18000 Von Karman Ave, Irvine, California 92612
Phone: (949) 553-0100
- Neighborhood: Irvine, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa
- Room Rates: $$
- Website: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/laxir-irvine-marriott/
- Property Amenities: pool, hot tub, Starbuck's, restaurant, sushi bar, bar, fitness center, FedEx center, room service
- Room Amenities: flat screen TV, coffee maker, ergonomic desk/chair, high speed internet (fee)
- Parking: Valet or self parking
- Discounts: AAA, AARP, Govt/military. Book through Marriott.com, then check kayak.com for lower rates.
- Other: This is a Smoke Free Hotel; Accessible rooms are available.
- More Reviews of the Irvine Marriott
Guide Review - Irvine Marriott Hotel
After 8 hours of flight time, we were happy that the Irvine Marriott was less than 10 minutes from the OC Airport. The courteous staff was there to grab our bags and get us checked into the room. The main lobby is spectacular, configured in the round with wood trim accented in white, with large trees positioned near the assorted lounges and seating areas. There is a Starbucks to satisfy your morning fix, as well as the upscale Elements 102, featuring California Cuisine and a Sushi Bar.
There is a conference area on the main floor, with several conference rooms and a Fed-Ex center to handle your business needs. The large exercise room and pool are on the floor below, so you don't have to go through a public area to get to them. The pool area also features a walk-in sauna.
Our room, decorated in bold colors and patterns, was clean and intelligently laid out, with plenty of power outlets and light switches were you expect to find them. The flat-screen TV featured a connectivity unit so you could plug in just about any type of audio or video device. The system also featured the ability to check out directly from your room, streamlining the check out routine.
The rooms were extremely quiet, which was welcome after our day of flying. The in-room coffee maker was definitely appreciated in the morning, as well as the large shower with a conventional shower head, as opposed to the infamous "squirt gun down your back" variety of many hotels.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodation for the purpose of this review. While it has not influenced the review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.