The Bottom Line
- Outstanding Service
- Super comfortable feather beds and down pillows (hypoalergenic options available)
- Convenient for LA Live, Staples Center, LA Convention Center
- Wolfgang Puck WP24 Restaurant
- Full-service spa
- Rates are high
- Parking is expensive
- Fee for internet
- Could have used more power outlets, including one by the bed
- Address: 900 West Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90015 USA
Phone: (213) 743-8800, toll free reservations 1 (800)-542-8680
- Rooms: 123 rooms including 14 suites
- Room Rate: $$$$-$$$$$
- Property Amenities: Restaurant, lounge, pool, fitness center, business center, Concierge Lounge, conference facilities, room service, access to the Ritz-Carlton Spa
- Room Amenities: coffee maker, iron, ironing board, safe, iPod clock radio alarm, wired and wireless internet, connectivity panel for HD TV, TV in bathroom
- Service: Twice daily housekeeping, turn down service, shoe shine, 24 hour room service, express laundry service available
- Parking: Valet (less expensive public lots nearby)
- Notes: Non-smoking hotel, pets allowed up to 45 lbs with a fee, accessible rooms
- More Reviews of the JW Marriott Los Angeles at LA Live
- Compare rates at the Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles at L.A. Live at Kayak.com
Guide Review - Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles at LA Live
The building is kind of deceptive, with the JW Marriott name on the north-south facing wing and the Ritz-Carlton name atop the 54-story east-west-facing tower, but both hotels occupy the same footprint, with the Ritz floors on top of the Marriott, and the Ritz-Carlton pool on the 26th floor on top of the shorter wing. They have separate pools and fitness centers, but share the Business Center and the Ritz-Carlton Spa.
Despite sharing an address on Olympic Blvd with the Marriott, the Ritz-Carlton entrance is in the taller tower, off of Georgia Street, with valet parking only. If you're staying at the Ritz, you probably won't be too perturbed by the high parking fees, but you can valet park for half the price across the street if you won't be taking your car in and out a lot (check bestparking.com for surrounding rates).
The difference in the 2 hotels can be found in the upgraded furnishings and 400-thread-count linens at the Ritz-Carlton, and the additional service, including twice daily housekeeping, turn down service and complimentary shoe shine. There's no charge to use the in-room coffee-maker, but there is a fee for internet use.
The bathroom in my Junior Suite had a separate partition for the toilet on one side and the bathtub and shower on the opposite side, and a TV in the mirror over the double sinks. What is billed as a separate bathtub and shower is a shower head on the wall next to the tub instead of above the tub, but there's no barrier between the two.
The Club Lounge on the 23rd floor provides breakfast, lunch and evening appetizers and cocktails as well as snacks throughout the day and evening. There is no separate Club Lounge floor, so any room can be booked as a Club Lounge room. The west-facing view over Los Angeles makes it a great spot for watching the sunset.
WP24, an Asian-themed Wolfgang Puck restaurant and bar on the 24th floor, looks north to the Downtown LA skyscrapers.
The Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles is located right off of Nokia Plaza at L.A. Live, with a variety of restaurants, nightclubs, sporting events and concert venues in the immediate vicinity, as well as the Los Angeles Convention Center. Additional Downtown LA attractions are just a short ride away via the hotel's complimentary car service, which will take you anywhere within 3 miles (based on availability).