Six Flags was threatening to close the park in 2006, but the community banded together and succeeded in keeping Magic Mountain open. Since then the management has been working on cleaning up the run down image and better enforcing security to keep line jumpers and other trouble-makers under control to create a more family-friendly environment.
Magic Mountain Fright Fest is a seasonal Halloween event adding additional thrills.
- Some of the top thrill rides in the country
- More coasters than any other theme park
- Much cleaner than it used to be
- Long lines
- Often disorganized
- Environment not always well maintained
- Rowdy teens are sometimes out of control and security not well enforced