When planning a trip to Los Angeles, it helps to decide what you want to do before deciding where you want to stay. To help you plan the attractions you want to visit and activities you want to do while you are in town, I have put together this extensive guide on things to do in LA, broken down by type of activity, by theme and by location, as well as annual festivals and events. Some attractions or activities may appear in more than one category.
Each category links off to many additional resources to explore in depth so you don't get bogged down with too much information on one page, and so I can show you more pictures of all the cool LA attractions. I recommend linking out to a new window or tab and keeping this article open as you navigate through so you don't lose your place as you go exploring.
If you're short on planning and visiting time, you can jump straight to the list of LA's Most Visited Attractions.
Here's an INDEX of the categories of different kinds of things you'll find here in the BIG Guide to What to Do in LA:
- Take a Tour of LA, including bus, trolly, air, boat and walking tours.
- Explore Famous LA Landmarks and photo opportunities.
- Visit an LA Theme Park from family friendly Disneyland to the more extreme Magic Mountain.
- All About LA Museums from art to science and history, as well as local themes.
- See a Show in LA from the classics to cutting edge.
- Experience LA Nightlife in the city's clubs, bars and lounges.
- Attend A Sporting Event in LA to see any of LA's diverse pro sports teams.
- Spend a Day at the Beach relaxing or being active.
- Adventures on the Water from kayaks to cruises.
- Outdoor Adventures on Land from hiking to horseback riding.
- LA Activities by Theme - Kids, Romance, Car Buffs, more
- Things to Do in LA by Location - Plan your trip geographically.
- Los Angeles Events worth planning a trip.