If you're short on time and only interested in the popular highlights, you can jump straight to the list of Top Los Angeles Attractions. Check out the Top FREE Things to Do in LA if you're on a budget, or you can dig deeper here and discover some unique opportunities to craft an itinerary for your specific interests.
When planning a trip to Los Angeles, it helps to decide what you want to do before deciding where you want to stay, so this should really be the starting point of your trip planning. This guide is organized in easy to navigate categories by type of activity, by theme and by location, as well as annual festivals and events. Some attractions or activities may appear in more than one category.
Each category links off to additional resources to explore in depth so you don't get bogged down with too much information on one page, and so I can show you more pictures of all the cool LA attractions. I recommend linking out to a new window or tab and keeping this article open as you navigate through so you don't lose your place as you go exploring.
Here's an INDEX of the categories of different kinds of things you'll find here in the BIG Guide to What to Do in LA:
- Take a Tour of LA, including bus, trolly, air, boat and walking tours.
- Explore Famous LA Landmarks and photo opportunities.
- Visit an LA Theme Park from family friendly Disneyland to the more extreme Magic Mountain.
- All About LA Museums from art to science and history, as well as local themes.
- See a Show in LA from the classics to cutting edge.
- Experience LA Nightlife in the city's clubs, bars and lounges.
- Attend A Sporting Event in LA to see any of LA's diverse pro sports teams.
- Spend a Day at the Beach relaxing or being active.
- Adventures on the Water from kayaks to cruises.
- Outdoor Adventures on Land from hiking to horseback riding.
- LA Activities by Theme - Kids, Romance, Car Buffs, more
- Things to Do in LA by Location - Plan your trip geographically.
- Los Angeles Events worth planning a trip.